Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Lentil Sheperd's Pie with Caulipots - MoFo Post 5!

The gray and rainy weather stuck around another day so yet again, I found myself craving comfort food. Thinking back to the Sheperd's Pie I was going to go get the night before, I decided to make some at home. I knew I wouldn't have the patience to cook everything, put it all together in a baking dish and then wait for it to cook some more so I turned to the Upside-Down Lentil Sheperd's Pie and Caulipots from Appetite for Reduction.

This was the quickest and tastiest Sheperd's Pie (vegan or pregan) I've ever made. Being the rule breaker I am, I couldn't follow the ingredients perfectly. I omitted the zucchini, subbed oregano for tarragon, increased the worcestershire sauce(I like a saucy shep pie) and added frozen corn when I was adding the peas. Oh yeah, I didn't have du Puy lentils either so I used green. No bigs. A scoop of Caulipots (also #9 on the PPK 100 list!) topped with a scoop of the lentil mix and a side of steamed broccoli was the perfect meal for a crappy day like today.


2 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious! I love caulipots too, can't even eat mashed potatoes without the cauliflower anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caulipots are awesome. I need to try a version of this!

    ReplyDelete