Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Spike's Junkyard Dogs - Boston

This MoFo post is brought to youo courtesy of my lunch today. At my company, when anyone has a birthday, the owner buys us all lunch at the place of the birthday person's choosing. I work in a very small office and am very fortunate to have another vegan and two vegetarians working here. Everyone else is also very veg-friendly. Today we celebrated a co-workers birthday and she chose Spike's Junkyard Dogs, a favorite of ours here in the office.

Here in Boston, we are lucky enough to have 3 Spike's at our disposal, all open until at least midnight (great for those late night adventurers). While they specialize in non-vegan hot dogs, they offer veggie dogs as a no-charge substitute for any dog on the menu, which is friggen huge!!!! The online menu does not do the restaurant justice, they have a full list in-store and on Foodler, where I order most of my dogs unless I am out and about in the city and can stop into one.

With so many topping options it can get a little overwhelming trying to figure out which to choose. While I am not extremely adventurous when it comes to food, I do like to try new and different things regularly and none of their toppings are too over the top, I can't bring myself to switch it up. I always get the same exact thing, call me a veggie dog purist if you want but I love the Irish Setter (ketchup and sauerkraut) with added house mustard and relish. In my opinion, that is a perfect veggie dog. They also happen to use my favorite brand of veggie dog, Lightlife!! Paired with a side of Poodle Fries (curly fries), you've got yourself a fantastic lunch! Especially when the boss is paying for it!



Also, in honor of said coworkers birthday, I was slaved away in the kitchen all night last night making homemade Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting! There will be a post on those to follow!

1 comment:


  1. We should be ashamed at all remaining aspects of permitted animal cruelty in our mainly civilized countries. Historically, however, things do gradually change for the better. One tiny local example of this was when, in 2004, the law in Britain was changed so that people were no longer permitted to set dogs onto deer, hares and foxes etc so that these animals could be literally torn apart. Those activities were in a similar league to cock fighting and dog fighting and no one would seek to justify bringing those back – or wouldn’t they in a world where people still go to cheer watching bulls being tortured to death. Looking for large dog breeds for families Wondering what large dog breeds are good with kids or would be good for apartments Find out here A complete list of large dog breeds

    ReplyDelete